Friday, January 16, 2009

Everyone Needs Some Good Back-up Divas

Wouldn’t it be nice to have an instant fan base, like an instant entourage of back-up divas? A group of people who follow you and say (just at the right time): “Wow, that Cassie sure is cool” and other gratifying and sincere boosters. I’m not too insecure to admit my own insecurity, because I imagine it’s not all that unique. Anyways, I think everyone could use some back-up divas.

Presently, I’m in the midst of a lot of goodbyes. Each goodbye and each day brings me closer to an adventure that doesn’t always fill me with optimism and excitement. I’m actually a bit nervous and incredulous that I’m actually doing it.

But, my back-up divas aren’t letting me down. Friends, family, coworkers, students, and random coffee baristas are keeping me going. Going past overly sentimental goodbyes, overly considered doubts, and overly planned shoe packing, until I find myself all the way in Buenos Aires.

...

Also, thank goodness I’m keeping up on my pre-trip to do list. Robert and I beat Bioshock and I’m almost through with Season 2 of 30 Rock! Phew!

2 comments:

  1. *dons my tiara*

    Sure, I'll be your back-up diva. And in addition to cool, you are one brave broad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i hope all goes as well as can be. if you're not familiar with the drug scopolamine, please give it a gander.

    video: colombian devil's breath

    ReplyDelete